Ever since the inception of the Order of the Arrow in 1915, it was intended that all members should be equal in rank. Brotherhood membership does not provide a specific degree of rank, status, or special honor like that of the Vigil Honor. Instead, the Brotherhood is an opportunity for members to reaffirm their belief in the high purposes of the Order. The ceremony is intended as a source of inspiration that motivates brothers to give even greater service to Scouting. To become a brotherhood member, you must complete the Brotherhood Trail during Spring Pow-Wow, Fall Fellowship. You can also participate in the Brotherhood Trail on selected days during Summer Camp at Camp Durant. Contact the Summer Camp OA Commissioner for more information. You need to bring a BSA medical form, parts A & B only, to any lodge event, it can be found here.
- Learn the Signs of OA Membership
- Advance in your understanding of the Ordeal
- Remain active and serve your unit for 6 months
- Make a pledge for continued service to your unit and the Lodge
- Write a letter to the Lodge, explaining what the Order means to you.
- Spring Powwow
- Fall Fellowship
There is no additional cost for the Brotherhood trail for members whose Annual Dues are current.
Need Help? – Check out Jumpstart!
- Brotherhood Study Guide. <— click link to download. Password info is below.
The password is the OA Admonition. Please contact us if you have any questions or need help with this: firstname.lastname@example.org