What is LLD?:
Each year, the leaders of Occoneechee Lodge gather for a Lodge Leadership Development event. The purpose of the event is to build the team of lodge leaders who will guide Occoneechee Lodge for the coming year. The event consists of a number of training sessions that will help us all focus our attention on issues our lodge needs to again attain the National Quality Lodge distinction.
You, as a valued leader of Occoneechee, are invited to participate in this exciting event. As a leader, you know that your attendance is vital to your success in the coming year.
About This Year’s Event:
This year, Occoneechee Lodge will train the elected Chapter and Lodge Youth and Adult Leadership in November at the annual Lodge Leadership Development. The subjects have been selected and instructors recruited. They will use a National Order of the Arrow Outline for their subject presentation. We will gather in November at Camp Durant to prepare the newly elected chapter and lodge leaders for their year of leadership.
Do I attend the day or weekend event?
|All lodge members are invited to spend Saturday at LLD and take advantage of the training events offered. The event begins at 8:15 am and will end at 5:30 pm end on Saturday, November 16th.||The full weekend event is required for all LEC members (definition see below), as well as all Lodge Chairman and their advisers. The full weekend event includes special breakout sessions and a full LEC Meeting.|
Day Event Details:
- Date: November 21st, 2020
- Location: Camp Durant, 4637 Old Carthage Rd, Carthage, NC 28327 (Map)
- Cost: The day event (all lodge members) is $10.
- Check-in: 8:15 am Saturday
- Check-out: 5:30 pm Saturday
- What to bring: Class A full uniform required for meetings and meals, notebook and pen (recommended)
Weekend Event Details:
- LEC members should plan to attend LLD for the entire weekend.
- Cost: $25
- Date: November 20th-21st, 2020
- Check-in for the LEC is 7:00 pm Friday
- Check-out: Saturday approximately 9:45 pm but could be sooner.
- What to bring: Class A full uniform required for meetings and meals, sleeping pad, sleeping bag. We will be staying in cabins.
- There will be a mandatory meeting for the entire Executive Committee Friday night, Saturday night
- Sleeping accommodations will be in cabins and please bring sheets or sleeping bags.
Lodge Executive Committee Members: (Chapter Chiefs/Advisers, Lodge Committee Chairs/Advisers, and Lodge Key 11)