Excerpt from the April 2015 Apensuwi
Conclave 2015 was more than a celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Order of the Arrow, service was a major focus. SR-7B continued the tradition of service with its brothers from across our state with numerous projects that went above and beyond the service initiatives at previous conclaves.
- Collected over 3500 lbs of food for a local food bank a 500 lbs increase over last year.
- Packed over 1000 backpacks for underprivileged school children in Wayne County.
- Donated 62 pints of blood to the American Red Cross, a new record. This marks the 7th consecutive year we have held a drive; Since its start SR-7B has collected over 300 pints of blood.
- Raised over $2000 for the Maury Clancy Indian Campership Fund
- Raised over $1000 for the National OA Endowment through a Car smash and National/Section officer dunk tank. This marks the 4th consecutive year we have given at least $1000 to the National OA Endowment. Starting in 2012 with sporting clays tournament ($1000), in 2013 awarding 6 legacy fellowships ($6000), and in 2014 donating a bench at the Summit rededication space ($5000) with funds raised from the car smash and conclave profit.
- Conclave attendance was at 1537 making SR-7B’s conclave the largest in the country again this year.